KPM Franklin is a rapidly growing, multi-disciplined professional services land planning, engineering, and surveying firm. Our surveying department is full-service offering boundary, ALTA/NSPS, topographic, wetland, tree, control surveys, right-of-way mapping, Platting, FDOT, and construction layout/builder services. We are seeking a full-time Survey CAD Technician to join our Orlando, Florida or Kissimmee, Florida office. We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package. KPMFranklin is also an equal opportunity employer.
• Processing field data, trouble shooting field data, performing deed and utility research, running traverse closures, reducing level notes, and finalize survey drawings.
• The position requires good basic math skills related to surveying.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Read and interpret survey maps, construction plans, and utility plans.
• Perform QA/QC checks on work performed.
• Prepare sketch and descriptions.
• Field Crew Calculations
• Compute, process, and map field data in an organized manner.
• Must be knowledgeable of the Standards of Practice set forth by the state of Florida according to statute 5j-17. This includes but not limited to boundary surveys, topographic surveys, control surveys, construction layout and staking, ALTA/NSPS surveys, and Plats.
• Manage client and project team relationships and communication regarding project expectations, schedule, and budget.
Qualifications and Education:
• HS diploma/GED diploma required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in land surveying, GIS, engineering, or related field a plus.
• 2-5+ years’ experience working in AutoCAD and/or MicroStation;
• Florida residency and land surveying experience preferred;
• Requires good verbal and written communication skills.
• FDOT experience is a plus and preferred.
• CST (Certified Survey Technician I-IV) accreditation is a plus
Please send resume and cover letter to HR Deparment at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-time
KPM Franklin is an equal opportunity employer.Apply here
Ready to start your next project with us?
No project is too big or too small!
We provide value by innovative design.
Please give us a call or send us an email at Info@kpmfranklin.com, we would love to hear from you